Website and Email
- This policy covers how PoconosPoconos.com handles information that we receive from members of the public (“fans”) who visit our website or who request, either online or offline, to be added to the PoconosPoconos.com email newsletter mailing list.
- This policy does not cover how any other entity, including our sponsors, vendors and other business partners, handles information that it receives from, or observes about, fans. To learn how they handle such information, please see their websites or contact them at their mailing addresses.
- This policy does not govern how information is used and protected by any website that users may reach by clicking upon links that appear on our website.
How We Gather Personal Information
- We collect only that personal information (e.g., name, street address, email address) that fans voluntarily provide us, on our website, in order to be included on our newsletter mailing lists and to participate in drawings from our mailing list for prizes.
- We may place “cookies” on internet users’ web browsers, access cookies that others have placed on web browsers and place web beacons on web pages in order to count users and access cookies.
How We Use Personal Information
- We use the personal information that we receive only to distribute email newsletters to fans who have asked to receive them, and, occasionally, to conduct drawings from our mailing lists for free tickets and merchandise.
- We provide personal information to our email newsletter distribution vendor for the sole purpose of having that vendor distribute our newsletters. We require this vendor to hold this information in confidence, to ensure the security of this information on its servers, and to use this information for no purpose other than to deliver our newsletters.
- Neither we nor our email newsletter distribution vendor sell or rent any fan personal information, or share any fan personal information with anyone other than those directly involved in the distribution of our newsletters and the execution and fulfillment of our ticket and merchandise drawings.
- If we are compelled by subpoena, order or other legal process from a court or other governmental body to disclose fan personal information, we may disclose fan personal information as required by such legal process.
- We also use third party advertisements on PoconosPoconos.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing Pennsylvania real estate ads to someone in Pennsylvania, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
- You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
How We Maintain the Security of Personal Information
- We store all of the fan personal information that we receive on our own secure server and on the secure server of the vendor who distributes our email newsletters.
- Both we and our email newsletter distribution vendor have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place a) to protect fan personal information from being accessed without authorization and from being misappropriated by a third party, and b) to provide reasonable assurance that personal information is used only in the manner set forth in this policy.
How Fans May Request That We Correct or Cease Using Their Personal Information
- You may correct, update or otherwise revise any personal information that you have provided us by emailing your revisions.
- You may be taken off our email newsletter distribution list by following the instructions that appear at the bottom of each of our email newsletters.
Visitors from Outside the United States
- All personal information submitted to POCONOSPOCONOS.COM is collected and stored in the United States. Your submission of personal information to us provides your consent to our storage of your personal information in the United States.
Changes to This Policy
- We reserve the right to revise this policy at any time. Should we do so, we will post the revised policy at this location on our website.